Chewing Tobacco Alternatives
What is the Best Smokeless Tobacco Alternative?
If smokeless tobacco is your go-to stress reliever, any little hiccup in your day can trigger the urge to dip. Although quitting chewing tobacco is a difficult habit to shake, choosing the right smokeless tobacco alternative can set you up for success from the start. Here’s how to choose the best smokeless tobacco alternative.
Why It’s Tough to Quit Chewing Tobacco
If you’re trying to quit chewing tobacco cold turkey, you know how frustrating and difficult it can be. Chewing tobacco over a long period of time can cause a dependence on tobacco and nicotine, which is highly addictive.
Many people think that chewing tobacco is less harmful than smoking, but in reality, both smoking and dipping can cause comparable levels of nicotine in the blood. Just like smoking, chewing tobacco can cause nicotine dependence, cancer and numerous noncancerous oral conditions.
When you chew tobacco, nicotine is absorbed through the mouth tissues directly into the blood, where it then travels to the brain. Plus, nicotine continues to be absorbed into the bloodstream long after you spit the tobacco out. Also, the nicotine stays in the blood longer when you chew tobacco, than when you smoke it.
Chewing tobacco is not only a physical addiction, it’s also a psychological one. Many smokeless tobacco users simply crave the mouthfeel and lip burn they get from dipping.
Although it’s hard to quit chewing tobacco, especially if you’ve been dipping for a long time, with determination and a little help, it can be done. Finding the right smokeless tobacco alternative can be the key to your success.
Not All Smokeless Tobacco Alternatives Are the Same
No matter which alternative works best for you, remember this: making a commitment to quit is the most important part. Once you’ve decided to put your health first, the rest will come.
Not all smokeless tobacco alternatives are the same or have the same effect on each person. Although snacks like sunflower seeds and beef jerky aren’t really smokeless tobacco alternatives, it helps to munch on them if you’re trying to quit dipping.
- Sunflower seeds are a common pacifier for dippers wanting to mimic the sensations of chewing tobacco. Sucking out the flavor and seed, then spitting out the hard shell will surely keep your mouth occupied, but after a while, all that salt can make your mouth feel raw and puckerd up.
- Chewing gum is a popular way to curb cravings for smokeless tobacco not only because it keeps your mouth occupied, but the taste is familiar. Leading varieties of smokeless tobacco come in mint and spearmint flavors.
- Sugar-free mints or hard candies are recommended by doctors, like televisions Dr. Oz, to keep your mouth busy and mind off your cravings.
- Shredded beef jerky is a great substitute for the actual ritual of putting in a dip. Not only does it resemble and feel like loose leaf shredded tobacco, it also mimics the actions of dipping. The beef jerky may not come in the minty flavors that gum or mints do, but chewing beef jerky definitely keeps your mouth busy.
- Nicotine patches are not just for cigarette smokers. The patches can be just as effective for smokeless tobacco users who are trying to quit. There are a few downsides. They are a bit costly, and not entirely effective on their own. Patch users will most likely need additional treatment or methods to quit chewing tobacco for good, so patches are used mainly as a temporary solution, and not a permanent fix.
- Tobacco free pouches are extremely effective for many reasons. Tobacco free pouches are a similar size and shape to smokeless tobacco pouches so it’s a natural fit to replace the mouthfeel dippers crave. Tobacco free pouches come in a wide variety of flavors that are similar to the ones smokeless tobacco users know and love – like mint, and cherry. Beware that some tobacco free pouches contain nicotine, which makes them an unhealthy choice.
Tobacco Free Pouches Are The Best Smokeless Tobacco Alternative
When searching for tobacco free pouches, make sure you buy tobacco-free and nicotine-free pouches like TeaZa, which contain herbs and vitamins, making it a healthier choice.
Hundreds of former dippers have given 5-star TeaZa reviews, pointing out the long lasting flavor and lip burning sensation they get when they use TeaZa, which is part of what makes it the best smokeless tobacco alternative.
What’s more, TeaZa is proven effective by independent research to help people quit chewing tobacco. Because TeaZa Tobacco-Free Pouches are formulated by a physician with natural ingredients, they are the best tobacco-free, nicotine-free alternative to smokeless tobacco. Compared to other smokeless tobacco alternative pouches, TeaZa is preferred for its long lasting flavor, superior nutrition profile and proven results.
No matter which alternative works best for you, it is good to always remember that attempting to quit is the hardest part. While not all attempts are 100% successful, the fact that you are putting your health above your addictions and making an effort is what really matters.
Ready to Quit Chewing Tobacco?
If you’re ready to quit chewing tobacco, check out our resources to quit chewing tobacco and request a free sample of TeaZa today!